HOME SHARE PROVIDERS (Independent Contractors)
New Directions welcomes applications for Home Share Providers year-round in Home Services within New Directions.
All Home Share Providers and Foster Parents must have:
- A willingness to welcome an adult who requires support into their home;
- Time to devote to the person requiring support, including assisting or accompanying the person to appointments and meetings as required;
- A willingness to support the person in a culturally competent manner with respect for the person’s roots and community;
- A willingness to support and empower a person by respecting choice and decision making;
- An ability to assist the person requiring support in the development of skills to increase independence and/or reduce barriers to have stronger healthy connections, with training and guidance provided;
- A willingness to work collaboratively with the Program Support Team; and
- An ability to comply with all licensing guidelines, including:
- Space for the person requiring support to have their own bedroom;
- Maintain their home according to Residential Care Licensing regulations, with assistance and training provided;
- Clear a Criminal Record Check, Child & Adult Abuse Registry Checks (as applicable), and a Prior Contact Check (if applicable);
- Provide a current Driver’s Abstract and Drivers Safety Rating; and
- Successfully complete Emergency First Aid & C.P.R. Certification and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (if applicable).
Ideal applicants will have:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Experience working with adults with intellectual and physical disabilities, or mental health issues;
- Strong communication skills and developed problem-solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Positive interpersonal skills; and
- A willingness to include the person requiring support within your family and social network.
Other considerations and expectations may include:
- Assisting with personal hygiene, if required;
- Providing a high level of ongoing supervision; and
- Supporting a person who is or may become involved with the justice system.
New Directions welcomes all inquiries from individuals interested in learning more about how to become a Home Share Provider or Foster Parent. Review the information below for contact information for the service area you are interested in.
Proficiency in A.S.L is required.
Contact: Resource Coordinator
Phone: 204-500-8373 – this is through Canada Video Relay Service (VRS) Fax: 204-774-6468
To Apply Email: D.E.A.F@newdirections.mb.ca
Adult Home Share
Contact: Resource Coordinator
Phone: 204-786-7051 ext. 5338 Fax: 204-774-6468
To Apply Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information on becoming a Home Share Provider.
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com