At New Directions, we are committed to complying with The Accessibility for Manitobans Act, including the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service and Employment. Our policies, practices and measures with regard to accessibility for all reflect the New Directions values of integrity, honour, holism and respect.
The following commitments are intended to meet the requirements of the Accessibility Standard for Customer Service and provide equal opportunity for all individuals, including people with disabilities both visible and invisible:
- Meeting communication needs;
- Accommodating the use of assistive devices;
- Welcoming support persons;
- Allowing service animals;
- Maintaining accessibility features;
- Letting the public know when and why an accessibility feature is unavailable;
- Welcoming and responding promptly to feedback;
- Providing the required training to staff, management, students and volunteers; and
- Keeping a written record of accessibility and training policies.
In a commitment to the Accessible Standard for Employment, all applicants for employment, volunteer and student positions are offered supports and accommodations at all stages of the recruitment and selection processes. For all applicants that move onto employment, volunteer and student positions, reasonable accommodations are also available throughout their time at New Directions.
New Directions welcomes and responds promptly to feedback we receive on the accessibility of our services and facilities. We invite feedback, questions, and requests for policies or documentation to be sent to Accessibility@newdirections.mb.ca, or alternatively through the Info@newdirections.mb.ca email address. Emails that indicate feedback on an accessibility matter will be prioritized.