Scan QR Code below for ASL Translation:
New Directions is a social service agency offering a wide range of resources and services that foster people’s hopes and dreams in their communities.
New Directions welcomes applications for Home Share Providers year-round for the Adult Home Share Program within New Directions. Deaf applicants who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply as we also support Deaf individuals who need Deaf Home Share supports. The Adult Home Share Program helps empower adults with disabilities to live fulfilled lives. Our vision is to have the people we support treated with respect and fully included in community life. The Adult Home Share Program works exclusively with adults who have an intellectual disability and may have a physical disability or mental health issues.
All Home Share Providers must be willing and able to:
• Welcome a teen or adult who requires support into their home;
• Devote time to get to know the person, and assist or accompany them to appointments, meetings, and recreational activities;
• Provide culturally competent supports by respecting their roots and community;
• Support and empower the individual by respecting and encouraging choice and decision making;
• Assist individuals in developing life skills to increase independence;
• Assist individuals to build strong healthy community connections, unpaid social networks, and help to reduce barriers;
• Work collaboratively with the Case Manager and the individual’s Support Team; and
• Comply with all licensing regulations and guidelines, including:
– Space in the home for the person to have their own bedroom;
– Maintain their home according to Residential Care Licensing regulations, with assistance and training provided;
– Clear Criminal Record Check, Child & Adult Abuse Registry Checks;
– Provide a current Driver’s Abstract and Drivers Safety Rating; and
– Have a current and valid Emergency First Aid & C.P.R. Certification and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (if applicable).
Ideal applicants will have:
• Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent;
• Experience working with children, youth or adults with intellectual and physical disabilities, or mental health issues;
• Strong communication skills and developed problem-solving and conflict resolution skills;
• Positive interpersonal skills; and
• A willingness to include the person within your family and social network.
• Proficiency in A.S.L would be considered an asset
Other considerations and expectations may include:
• Assisting with personal hygiene, if required;
• Providing a high level of ongoing supervision; and
• Supporting a person who is or may become involved with the justice system.
New Directions welcomes all inquiries from individuals interested in learning more about how to become a Home Share Provider. Review the information below for Program specific details and contacts.
Contact: Coordinator II in Adult Home Share
Phone: 204-786-7051 ext. 5338
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from ethnically diverse persons including Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and newcomers to reflect the diversity of participants we support and who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Accommodations for accessibility purposes are available throughout the application process for any individuals who are interested in applying for these opportunities.
New Directions for Children, Youth, Adults & Families
500 – 717 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3G 0M8
To apply for this job email your details to Homeshare@newdirections.mb.ca