New Directions welcomes applications for Home Share Providers year-round in Adult Home Share. Along with the regular application opportunities, we are currently seeking out a Family Home Share Provider to be compatible with and open their home to a family supported by New Directions.
|This is a unique opportunity for a single person or family to welcome an individual and her two young children into their home to create an inclusive home environment and help build a meaningful long-lasting connection. The Home Share Provider will walk alongside the family, lending support in the family’s journey to achieve their goals and dreams.
The Family Home Share Provider that would be a fit for this opportunity will have:
*These criteria are based on licensing requirements.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please note that Adult Home Share strives to build a community of Home Share Providers that:
- Have time to devote to the family requiring support, including assisting or accompanying the family to appointments, meetings, and activities as required,
- Are open to supporting the family in a culturally competent manner with respect for the family’s roots and community,
- Are committed to supporting and empowering the family by respecting their choices and decision making,
- Have a readiness to work collaboratively with the Adult Home Share staff team.
Technical requirements include:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent,
- Experience working with adults and children with intellectual and physical disabilities, or mental health concerns,
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and developed problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, and
- An ability to comply with all licensing guidelines, including:
- Maintaining their home according to Residential Care Licensing regulations for adults and children, with assistance and training provided,
- Clearing a Criminal Record Check, Child & Adult Abuse Registry Checks, and a Prior Contact Check,
- Providing a current Driver’s Abstract and Drivers Safety Rating, and
- Successful completion of Emergency First Aid & C.P.R. Certification and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (if applicable).
|All inquiries from individuals interested in learning more about how to become a Home Share Provider should contact:
Adult Home Share
For those interested in this specific opportunity,
please indicate “Family Home Share Provider” in the subject line of your email.
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from
persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with
disabilities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada. We strive for an organization that
reflects the diversity of the people we support and contributes to the diversification of ideas.
Accommodations for accessibility purposes are available upon request.
For more information on New Directions go to:
To apply for this job email your details to Homeshare@newdirections.mb.ca