Full-Time, 2-Year Term
BRIDGE SERVICES FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
New Directions is a social service agency offering a wide range of resources and services that foster people’s hopes and dreams in their communities.
New Directions’ Bridge Services for Children and Families will offer specialized clinical and home resources to children and youth living with disabilities who have sensory, emotional, behavioral and/or medical needs and their families.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
· Establish meaningful, caring, and respectful relationships with children, youth and their families
· Provide care in a community and residential setting
· Provide medical, emotional, environmental, physical and behavioral support
· Participate in programming to meet the individual goals of children and youth
· Participate in various recreational and physical activities with children and youth
· Cooking, house cleaning, yard work and other household maintenance duties
· Provide assistance with personal care routines such as lifts, transfers, personal hygiene, and nutrition support
· Complete all required documentation effectively
· A High School Diploma or equivalent
· Post-secondary education in the disability/social service sector is considered an asset
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience supporting individuals with autism, intellectual/developmental disabilities, anxiety, and self-injurious behaviour
· This role is physically demanding. Health Care Aide training and experience is considered an asset
· Ability to transfer knowledge and awareness into behaviors and expectations recognized as appropriate by members of identified cultures and by people with lived experience
· The individuals in this home may display physical behaviors of concern, so it is important for staff to have a good understanding of the support plan and to communicate effectively as a team
· Effective self-care strategies and ability to remain professional in stressful situations
The salary range for this 80 hour bi-weekly position is $15.89 to $22.25 per hour (equivalent to $33,051 to $46,280 per annum), dependent upon education and/or experience. Thistwo-year term position is eligible for a full benefits package.
The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Record, Child/Adult Abuse Registry, and Prior Contact checks. In addition, applicants will be required to provide a copy of their Driver’s License and a Driver’s Abstract.
With a commitment to health and safety and in order to continue our mission “to provide responsive and individualized services”, New Directions for Children, Youth, Adults & Families requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, in a manner approved by Health Canada, as a condition of employment for all new employees. (Exceptions and accommodations will be made for those who are exempt from receiving the vaccine due to legitimate, established reasons in accordance with The Human Rights Code of Manitoba. In these cases, reasonable supporting documentation will be required.)
Please forward resume and cover letter to:
The Recruitment Team
New Directions for Children, Youth, Adults and Families
500 – 717 Portage Ave. Winnipeg, MB R3G 0M8
Please include the job posting number POSTING #JA-BPP-010-23 in your email subject line and/or in your cover letter. Applications without a job posting number quoted may not be considered.
This posting will remain open until all positions have been filled.
Applicants who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing are encouraged to apply directly to employment.DeafHH@newdirections.mb.ca, for an accessible application and selection process
We thank all applicants for their interest in New Directions; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries on the status of your application.
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada. We strive for a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the people we support and contributes to the diversification of ideas.
Accommodations for accessibility purposes are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to Employment@newdirections.mb.ca