AHS is currently seeking a Home Share Provider for an individual with specific needs. Please see job posting in the sidebar.

The Adult Home Share (AHS) program helps empower adults with disabilities to live fulfilled lives. The vision of the AHS program is to have people supported by the program treated with respect and be fully included in community life.

Support Services

Support offered to people is unique and individualized based on the goals, needs and wants of the person. While AHS primarily offers residential services, we also look at the whole person and help the person articulate and advocate for things they feel would lead to a fulfilled life. This may include different housing options, recreational opportunities with paid support workers, volunteer or employment options, exploration of services available in the community and expanding friendships and relationships. The E.P.C. program believes all people have gifts and strengths and we are all looking for our “place” not placement. We help develop person centered plans with the person, referring agencies, family members and school or day programs. We encourage people to make decisions for themselves using support networks for guidance.

Program Options

Care Provider Model

AHS connects a person needing supports with a care provider and they live together in the care provider’s home. The support offered varies widely, from very close relationships where people share a home and their lives, to more independent room and board situations. The arrangement depends on what the person needs and wants.


Family Support

AHS offers supports to people who live with their families to assist with a variety of things. This might be to provide respite to family care givers to strengthen the family’s ability to remain living together, or to provide support staff shifts to access community activities that enhance the person’s quality of life. Family supports may also be offered to help people plan for moving out of their family home.

Independent Living Supports

AHS occasionally offers supports to people who live in their own homes. Supports vary according to needs and are intended to help people continue to have independence.


Individuals can be referred for services through a number of sources; Manitoba Community Living disAbuility Services, WRHA HomeCare or Mental Health, Provincial Special Needs, or a Child and Family Services Agency. Referral packages are available through the EPC program, and sent to the attention of the Program Manager. Please include recent social, medical, family and school/vocational information.

Individuals must be eligible for appropriate levels of funding.


Please contact Progam Manager

Ph: 204-786-7051

Fax: 204-774-6468


Become a Home Share Provider

Click here for information on becoming a 
Home Share Provider

I am text block. Click edit button to change this text. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.