INDIVIDUALIZED HOME SHARE PROVIDER
New Directions welcomes applications for Home Share Providers year-round in Adult Home Share. Along with the regular application opportunities, we are currently seeking out a Home Share Provider to be compatible with an individual supported by New Directions.
This is an opportunity for a person or family to welcome an individual into their home to create an inclusive home environment and help build a meaningful long-lasting connection with that individual. The Home Share Provider will walk alongside the individual, lending support in the individual’s journey to achieve their goals and dreams.
The Home Share Provider that would be a fit for this opportunity will have:
- A well-maintained home that allows for the individual to have their own bedroom and space for activities independent of the Home Share Provider,
- A willingness and interest in engaging in recreational activities with the individual and activities that promote the ongoing learning of life skills,
- An ability to transition between support and mentor roles for the individual, based on needs at that time,
- Regular access to a vehicle and a willingness to use said vehicle to provide transportation to the individual,
- Strong communication skills and command of the English language*.
This Home Share Provider will also:
- *Ideally have an adult male as the sole or joint Home Share Provider, with no children in the home under the age of 18,
- *Ideally live in the south end of Winnipeg.
*These criteria are based on needs identified in the individual’s support plan
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please note that Adult Home Share strives to build a community of Home Share Providers that:
- Have time to devote to the individual requiring support, including assisting or accompanying the person to appointments, meetings, and activities as required,
- Are open to supporting the individual in a culturally competent manner with respect for the person’s roots and community, including:
- Engaging with the individual’s family and social network,
- Communicating with the individual’s family with an aim to better understand the values and interests that are important to the individual,
- Are committed to supporting and empowering the individual by respecting their choices and decision making,
- Have an ability to assist the individual in the development of skills to increase independence and/or reduce barriers to having stronger healthy connections,
- Are willing to include the person within your family and social network,
- Have a readiness to work collaboratively with the Adult Home Share staff team.
Technical requirements include:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent, with preference given to those with post-secondary educations in related fields,
- Experience working with adults with intellectual and physical disabilities, or mental health concerns,
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and developed problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, and
- An ability to comply with all licensing guidelines, including:
- Maintaining their home according to Residential Care Licensing regulations, with assistance and training provided,
- Clearing a Criminal Record Check, Child & Adult Abuse Registry Checks (as applicable), and a Prior Contact Check (if applicable),
- Providing a current Driver’s Abstract and Drivers Safety Rating, and
- Successful completion of Emergency First Aid & C.P.R. Certification and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (if applicable).
|Interested in becoming a Home Share Provider? CLICK HERE
All inquiries from individuals interested in learning more about how to become a Home Share Provider should contact:
Adult Home Share
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada. We strive for an organization that reflects the diversity of the people we support and contributes to the diversification of ideas.
Accommodations for accessibility purposes are available upon request.
To apply for this job please visit newdirections.mb.ca.