New Directions welcomes applications for Home Share Providers year-round in Adult Home Share. Along with the regular application opportunities, we are currently seeking out a Home Share Provider to be compatible with an individual supported by New Directions.
This is an opportunity to create an inclusive home environment and help build a meaningful long- lasting connection with the supported individual. The Home Share Provider will walk alongside the individual, lending support in the individual’s journey to achieve their goals and dreams.
The Home Share Provider that would be a fit for this opportunity will have:
· Ability to be a live-in care provider in the individuals home,
· A willingness and interest in engaging in recreational activities with the individual and activities that promote the ongoing learning of life skills,
· An ability to transition between support and mentor roles for the individual, based on needs at that time,
· Regular access to a vehicle and a willingness to use said vehicle to provide transportation to the individual,
· Strong communication skills and command of the English language*.
This specific Home Share Provider will also ideally*
· Have experience and/or knowledge of people who live with developmental disabilities
· Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to create routine and structure within their environment.
*These criteria are based on needs identified in the individual’s support plan
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please note that Adult Home Share strives to build a community of Home Share Providers that:
- Devote time to get to know the person, and assist or accompany them to appointments, meetings, and recreational activities;
- Assisting with personal care and hygiene
- Provide culturally competent supports by respecting their roots and community;
- Support and empower the individual by respecting and encouraging choice and decision making;
- Assist individuals in developing life skills to increase independence;
- Assist individuals to build strong healthy community connections, unpaid social networks, and help to reduce barriers;
- Work collaboratively with the Case Manager and the individual’s Support Team; and
· Comply with all licensing regulations and guidelines, including:
- Space in the home for the person to have their own bedroom;
- Maintain their home according to Residential Care Licensing regulations, with assistance and training provided;
- Clear Criminal Record Check, Child & Adult Abuse Registry Checks;
- Provide a current Driver’s Abstract and Drivers Safety Rating; and
- Have a current and valid Emergency First Aid & C.P.R. Certification and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (if applicable).
Ideal Applicants will have:
· Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent;
· Experience working with children, youth or adults with intellectual and physical disabilities, or mental health issues;
· Strong communication skills and developed problem-solving and conflict resolution skills;
· Positive interpersonal skills; and
· A willingness to include the person within your family and social network.
· Proficiency in A.S.L would be considered an asset
All inquiries from individuals interested in learning more about how to become a Home Share Provider in general or for this specific opportunity should contact:
Adult Home Share
Contact: Resource Coordinator
Phone: 204-786-7051 ext. 5338
Apply Email: Homeshare@newdirections.mb.ca
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada. We strive for an organization that reflects the diversity of the people we support and contributes to the diversification of ideas.
Accommodations for accessibility purposes are available upon request.
To find out more about Adult Home Share services within New Directions, go to:
Also, find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter: @NewDirectionsMB
To apply for this job email your details to Homeshare@newdirections.mb.ca