New Directions for Children, Youth, Adults and Families is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Front Desk Administrative Assistant on a full time basis (35 hours per week). The successful applicant will work under the direction of the Facilities & Leasing Manager. The Front Desk Administrative Assistant provides the first impression of New Directions as an organization to external and internal customers. They are the initial contact for callers (switchboard) and visitors to the main office location. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all contacts, at all times. The Front Desk Administrative Assistant is responsible for directing/handling incoming switchboard calls, welcoming and assisting visitors to the building; as well as performing a wide variety of administrative tasks.
Applicants will require an excellent understanding of technology and productivity software which will be used to perform most of the tasks in this role. Applicants must also be organized and able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people from a variety of cultures. We are seeking an experienced professional with a customer service focus.
Primary areas of responsibility and accountability will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing exceptional customer service while performing Front Desk responsibilities.
- Responding to & triaging time sensitive and complex inquires to ensure they are handled in a calm and efficient manner.
- Organization of incoming and outgoing mail & deliveries.
- Providing administrative support to the Facilities & Leasing, Accounting, and Information Technology Departments:
- Responsible for the electronic collection and financial reconciliation of records relating to various processes including parking, access cards, inter-program transfer, fleet vehicles, photocopiers and more.
- Maintenance and development of electronic departmental forms using various productivity software including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Forms & Smartsheets.
- Generates and distributes monthly electronic financial reports.
- Maintains database of organizations contracts, reporting and related tasks.
- Collection and financial reconciliation of records relating to various processes including parking, access cards, fleet vehicles and more.
- Maintains & organizes staff directory, meeting rooms and other organization wide resources.
- Responds and assists with general staff inquires related to Information Technology such as ordering of equipment, opening help desk tickets and basic support.
The successful candidate:
- Experience and/or educational requirements:
- Directly related educational training of at least 6 months OR
- Grade 12 that includes clerical training AND 6 months directly related experience / less than 1-year transferable experience OR
- Experience Only: 1-year directly related experience OR 2 years transferable experience.
- Ability to interact positively when communicating with staff, participants, or visitors to the building (i.e. strong interpersonal skills) while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – listens to others, asks questions in ways that enhance the clarity, quality, and reliability of information; and consistently communicates with others in an effective and respectful manner.
- Ability to handle escalated or conflict situations in a calm, respectful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, and work effectively with frequent interruptions (i.e. questions from visitors, phone calls, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills (i.e. MS Office 365 apps), and demonstrated experience with complex office equipment (e.g. postage machines, switchboard systems, photocopiers, etc.)
- This position may require moderate physical effort including lifting, sorting, and distributing mail/courier deliveries of up to 25-50lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to be reliable/dependable – being punctual, present, following instructions, policies, and procedures, as well as meeting productivity standards, deadlines, and work schedules.
- Ability to understand, communicate with and effectively interact with a diverse range of individuals (i.e. cultural competence).
The salary range is 24,988 to 34,998 per annum based on a 35-hour work week. New Directions offers a work-life balance, has up-to-date technology, a robust benefits package that includes a pension plan which is matched by the employer, and opportunities for professional and personal growth in a diverse and unique environment.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Criminal Record Check, and Child and Adult Abuse Registry checks.
Interested applicants can forward their résumé, with a cover letter and references, by March 8th, 2021 to:
Facilities & Leasing Manager
New Directions for Children, Youth, Adults & Families
500-717 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3G 0M8
We thank all applicants for their interest in New Directions, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada. We strive for a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the people we support and contributes to the diversification of ideas.
Accommodations for accessibility purposes are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com