Direct Support Worker 3
ADULT FAMILY SUPPORTS
New Directions is a social service agency offering a wide range of resources and services that foster people’s hopes and dreams in their communities. Adult Family Supports is one of the many services offered by New Directions. Adult Family Supports provides services for adults living in various settings including the family home, transitional or long-term care facilities. We are seeking a Full time Direct Support Worker III to join our team.
- Assisting with personal hygiene
- Patient and calm in stressful situations
- Active and willing to participate in physical activities
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle to transport to various locations in the community
- Self-motivated to work independently in the community while collaborating with the larger team
- Excellent communication with Case Managers and supervisors
- Grocery shopping
- Assisting with access to medical care
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts (Days, evenings, and weekends)
- Creative problem-solving skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Preference will be given to candidates with post-secondary education in the area(s) of disability services, addictions, mental health, and related education
- Experience working with people with intellectual disabilities
- Valid First Aid/CPR
- Completed NVCI
- Knowledge of FASD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Mood Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, Schizophrenia, Borderline Personalities, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder would be an asset
- Effective problem-solving ability & strong communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Shift work can include days, evenings, and weekends
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license is also a requirement. Access to a vehicle is required. A current Driver’s Abstract must be provided
- Ability to provide personal care to participants is sometimes a job requirement
- Special interest such as music, singing, and activities may be helpful
The salary range is $15.50 to $21.70 per hour (equivalent to $28,210 to $39,494 per annum), dependent upon education and/or experience. A full benefits package is provided to regular full-time staff. The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Record and Adult/Child Abuse Registry Checks; and must supply a current driver’s abstract.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Supported Independent Living
514 St. Mary avenue. Winnipeg, MB R3C 0N6
Fax: (204) 786-2686
We thank all applicants for their interest in New Directions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada. We strive for a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the people we support and contributes to the diversification of ideas.
Accommodations for accessibility purposes are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to SIL@newdirections.mb.ca