DIRECT SUPPORT WORKER 2
Part Time, Regular
ADULT HOME SHARE
New Directions is a social service agency offering a wide range of resources and services that foster people’s hopes and dreams and their community.
Adult Home Share is one of the many programs offered by New Directions. The Adult Home Share service area, which supports adult individuals with intellectual disabilities and/or mental issues, is seeking Direct Support Workers to work specific shift, on specific days in a one-on-one support system. The responsibilities include supporting individuals in the community and assisting with basic living skills, recreational activities, goal achievement and promoting educational or vocational opportunities.
If you are interested in position listed below, please indicate in your application. Casual positions are also available with the Adult Home Share service area.
46hr Bi-Weekly Work Schedule:
|WEEK 1||5:30pm – 8:30pm||5pm-9pm||5pm-9pm||6pm-9pm||6pm-9pm||10am-4pm|
|WEEK 2||5:30pm – 8:30pm||5pm-9pm||5pm-9pm||6pm-9pm||6pm-9pm||10am-4pm|
NOTE: The above schedule is subject to change based on service needs
Successful candidate requirements:
- 2 years experience working with people with disabilities, specifically with Autism, anxiety, and OCD
- Patient and calm in stressful situations
- Active and willing to participate in physical activities
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle to transport to various locations in the community
- Self-motivated to work independently in the community while collaborating with the larger team
- Excellent communication with Case Managers and Supervisors
- Available to work the given shifts applying for
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Due to the support needs required, this position is open to female candidates
The following are considered assets:
- Diploma in Disabilities and Community Support or other related human service certificate
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- First Aid/C.P.R. training
- Comfortable assisting with personal hygiene
- Special interest in music, singing and reading may be helpful
The salary range for this 45 hour position is $13.87-19.42 per hour, depending on education and/or experience.
The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Record Check, Adult/Child Abuse Registry and Prior Contact Check and must supply a current driver’s abstract.
With a commitment to health and safety and in order to continue our mission “to provide responsive and individualized services”, New Directions for Children, Youth, Adults & Families requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, in a manner approved by Health Canada, as a condition of employment for all new employees. (Exceptions and accommodations will be made for those who are exempt from receiving the vaccine due to legitimate, established reasons in accordance with The Human Rights Code of Manitoba. In these cases, reasonable supporting documentation will be required.)
Please forward your cover letter and resume by October 22nd , 2021 to:
New Directions for Children, Youth, Adults and Families
500 – 717 Portage Ave. Winnipeg, MB R3G 0M8
Please include POSTING #OC-AHS-02-21 in the subject line of your email
We thank all applicants for their interest in New Directions; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada. We strive for a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the people we support and contributes to the diversification of ideas.
Accommodations for accessibility purposes are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org