Community Resource Worker
Regular Full Time
New Directions is a social service agency offering a wide range of resources and services that foster people’s hopes and dreams in their communities. Cluster Housing is one of the many services offered by New Directions. Cluster Housing provides independent living supports to people who may have intellectual disabilities and/or mental health issues, and who experience barriers to living independently in the community. We are currently seeking Community Resource Workers who will work in the community as well as in our cluster housing units to join our Cluster Housing Team.
Community Resource Workers must be readily available to work days, evenings, weekends and holiday relief shifts out in the community as well as in the Cluster Housing units.
Job Responsibilities Include: (But are not limited to)
- Empowering individuals to maintain independent living situations in a cluster housing model.
- Assisting with apartment management, Liaising with landlords, Employment and Income Assistance (EIA)
- Grocery shopping, budgeting, access to medical care and other community resources.
- Applicants must be comfortable dealing with crisis situations, Working with individuals who may be in conflict with the law and struggling with addictions.
- Applicants will also need to do hourly safety checks on the participants and monitor the overall safety of the residence.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Preference will be given to candidates with post-secondary education in the area(s) of disability services, addictions, mental health, and related education.
- Experience working with people with intellectual disabilities is required.
- Experience working with people with mental health barriers preferred.
- Knowledge of FASD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Mood Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, Schizophrenia, Borderline Personalities, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder would be an asset.
- Experience working with people who are in conflict with the justice system.
- Effective problem-solving ability & strong communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license is also a requirement. A current Driver’s Abstract must be provided.
- First Aid/CPR and NVCI training will be provided.
The salary range is $15.66 to $21.92 per hour (equivalent to $28,501 to $39,894 per annum), dependent upon education and/or experience. A full benefits package is provided to regular full time staff. The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Record and Adult/Child Abuse Registry Checks; and must supply a current driver’s abstract.
Please forward your resume and covering letter by April 23, 2021 to:
471 Warsaw Avenue Winnipeg, MB R3G 0M8
We thank all applicants for their interest in New Directions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada. We strive for a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the people we support and contributes to the diversification of ideas.
Accommodations for accessibility purposes are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com