Families Affected by Sexual Assault
Family Therapy Services
Posting # AU-FTS-01-21
New Directions is a social service agency offering a wide range of resources and services that foster people’s hopes and dreams in their communities. Family Therapy Services is one of the many services offered by New Directions. Family Therapy Services is currently seeking a full time (35 hours per week) Clinician in the Families Affected by Sexual Assault (FASA) program.
- Providing trauma-informed, developmentally appropriate therapy to help children under 18 and their families recover from sexual assault (By someone who is not a parent/caregiver or sibling, and has reported the sexual assault to Child & Family Services)
- Providing therapy or the appropriate resources for families to address concerns regarding children under 12 who exhibit sexual behaviour problems
- Providing therapy to adults who are actively parenting children under 18 years of age and who have a history of sexual assault which is impacting their parenting
- Providing training on child sexual assault, sexual behaviour problems, and trauma
- Liaising with other professionals and systems to support families in connecting with community resources
- Working with larger systems to co-ordinate services and develop programming
- The ability to deliver family and child focused psychotherapy, with a trauma-informed understanding of children’s behaviours as adaptive coping responses and neurobiological patterns
- An awareness of cross-cultural factors that impact the healing/recovery process, including inter-generational trauma and the impact of colonization on Indigenous and settler communities
- The ability to work effectively within in a systemic framework and familiarity with neurobiology of trauma, understanding of the impact of trauma on development
- 3-5 years clinical experience working with sexual assault
- Experience working with clients involved with multiple systems
- Willingness to engage in community partnerships
The successful candidate must have clinical experience and training with a Master’s degree in Marriage & Family Therapy or Social Work. Clinical membership in AAMFT, CAMFT or Manitoba College of Social Workers and training in understanding trauma responses would be an asset.
The salary range for this position is $ 26.93 – $37.70 per hour (equivalent to $49,012 – $68,614 per annum), dependent upon education and/or experience. The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Record, Child Abuse Registry, Adult Abuse Registry, and Prior Contact Checks.
Please forward your resume and cover letter by September 24, 2021 to:
New Directions for Children, Youth, Adults and Families
500 – 717 Portage Ave. Winnipeg, MB R3G 0M8
Please include POSTING # AU-FTS-01-21 in the subject line of your email
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada. We strive for a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the people we support and contributes to the diversification of ideas.
Accommodations for accessibility purposes are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org