18-month term Full-Time
Adult Family Supports.
New Directions is a social service agency offering a wide range of resources and services that foster people’s hopes and dreams in their communities. Adult Family Supports (AFS) is one of the many services offered by New Directions. Adult Family Supports provides services for adults living in various settings including the family home, transitional or long-term care facilities. We are currently seeking a full-time Case Manager for an 18-month term to join our team.
- Working with individuals and families to ensure observance to all Indigenous, Federal, and Provincial laws and regulations.
- Coordinating services to meet the needs of the individuals including assessments, goal setting, finding resources, making referrals, advocating for services, and securing funding.
- Building relationships with the person, their families and communities and establishing or maintaining connections with culture of origin.
- Directing support staff to meet support goals and providing feedback for performance management.
- Scheduling staff as per funding agreements between New Directions and government funder.
- Coordinating and chairing multi-disciplinary system meetings; liaising with other professionals such as government departments, school systems, medical professionals, legal systems, clinical teams, etc.
- Professional level administrative functions including report writing, funding proposals, support plans, assessments, and referrals.
- Managing crisis situations and developing response protocols, providing support for On-Call after hours on a rotating basis.
- Supervisory, training, and coaching skills; relationship building, boundary setting and performance management skills.
- Excellent communication skills including mediating difficult conversations, conflict resolution
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and Outlook including Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- Excellent time management, organizational and efficiency skills.
- S.W./B.A. or related social services education such as Family Therapy, Human Ecology and Indigenous Studies
- Trauma Informed Support
- Indigenous history, Colonization effects, Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action and CFS reform in Canada
- 5 years’ experience working with adults with a label of an intellectual/developmental disability
- First Aid certification, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training, Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), and Mental Health First Aid certification would be considered assets.
The salary range is $22.55 to $31.58 per hour, based on a 35-hour work week, (equivalent to $41,041 to $57,475 per annum), dependent upon education and/or experience. The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Record and Adult/Child Abuse Registry Checks; and must supply a current driver’s abstract. Please submit your resume and cover letter by May 14, 2021.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Adult Family Supports
514 St. Mary Avenue. Winnipeg, MB R3C 0N6
Fax: (204) 786-2686
We thank all applicants for their interest in New Directions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada. We strive for a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the people we support and contributes to the diversification of ideas.
Accommodations for accessibility purposes are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to AFS@newdirections.mb.ca