Culture, Education & Training Services
New Directions is a social service agency offering a wide range of resources and services that foster people’s hopes and dreams in their communities. Training Opportunities for Youth, is one of the many service areas within Culture, Education and Training at New Directions. Training Resources for Youth provides wrap around care management, teaching of life and employment skills as well as on the job training for youth 16 – 19 years old who have multiple barriers to success in life. We are currently seeking a full-time, term Case Manager to join our team.
Primary areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to: Intake/assessment, job recruitment, development of partnership with new employers, counselling, engaging in supportive activities, consulting, advocacy, referrals, documentation, treatment planning, goal development and evaluation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree in social services
- Minimum of five years working with this population
- Knowledge of the issues related to high risk youth
- Knowledge, awareness and sensitivity to Indigenous Cultures and Traditions and be inclusive of multi-cultural beliefs and lifestyles
- Experience providing counselling and working with substance abuse, disabilities, mental health and trauma issues as well as proficiency in negotiation and collaborating with systems
- Experience in case management and carrying a case load.
- Experience in job development, matching participants to appropriate jobs, and monitoring work sites.
- The ability to be energetic, creative with excellent team, time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, especially with youth
- Must have access to a vehicle and must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Due to the support needs required, this position is open to male candidates only
The salary range for this term position is $19.07 to $26.71 per hour (35 hours/week, equivalent to $34,707 – $48,612 per annum), dependent upon education and/or experience. This term will end March 31st, 2023.
The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Record Check, Adult and Child Abuse Registry Check, Prior Contact Checks; and must supply a current driver’s abstract.
With a commitment to health and safety and in order to continue our mission “to provide responsive and individualized services”, New Directions for Children, Youth, Adults & Families requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, in a manner approved by Health Canada, as a condition of employment for all new employees. (Exceptions and accommodations will be made for those who are exempt from receiving the vaccine due to legitimate, established reasons in accordance with The Human Rights Code of Manitoba. In these cases, reasonable supporting documentation will be required.
Please forward your resume and cover letter by July 8th, 2022 to:
Temporary Address: 720 Broadway Winnipeg, MB R3G 0X1
Fax: (204) 774-6468
Please include the job posting number JN-TRY-071-22 in your email subject line and/or in your cover letter. Applications without a job posting number quoted may not be considered.
Applicants who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing are encouraged to apply directly to employment.DeafHH@newdirections.mb.ca, for an accessible application and selection process
We thank all applicants for their interest in New Directions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada. We strive for a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the people we support and contributes to the diversification of ideas.
Accommodations for accessibility purposes are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com