CULTURE, EDUCATION & TRAINING SERVICES
(The Empower Project -TEP)
New Directions is a social service agency offering a wide range of resources and services that foster people’s hopes and dreams in their communities. Culture education and Training is one of the many services offered by New Directions. The Empower Project (TEP) provides wrap around care management, teaching of life and employment skills as well as on the job training for youth who are involved with the Justice System and have multiple barriers to success in life. We are currently seeking a full-time Case Manager to join our team.
Primary areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to: Intake/assessment, Advocate with all systems currently involved with participants (Employer, CFS, Corrections, Medical, School, Mental Health, EIA), provide ongoing counselling, engaging in supportive activities, consulting, referrals, documentation, treatment planning, goal development and evaluation, scheduling and tracking.
Applicants must have:
- Undergraduate degree in social services
- Minimum of five years working with this population
- Knowledge of the issues related to high risk youth
- Knowledge, awareness and sensitivity to Indigenous Cultures and Traditions and be inclusive of multi-cultural beliefs and lifestyles
- Work experience with female youth who are diagnosed with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and are involved with the Justice system.
- Experience providing counselling and working with substance abuse, disabilities, mental health and trauma issues as well as proficiency in negotiation and collaborating with systems
- Experience in case management and carrying a case load.
- The ability to be energetic, creative with excellent team, time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, especially with youth
- Must be available to work afternoons, evening and Saturdays
- Must have access to a vehicle and must have a valid driver’s license
The salary range for this 35 hour/week full-time position is $18.60 – 26.06 per hour (equivalent to $33,852 – 47,429 per annum), dependent upon education and/or experience. A full benefits package (which include Health and Dental Benefits, Long Term Disability Benefits, and a Pension Plan) is provided to regular full-time staff.
The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Record, Child Abuse Registry, Prior Contact, and Adult Abuse Registry Checks. A recent Driver’s Abstract and Driver’s Safety Rating must be provided.
Please forward your resume and covering letter by October 30, 2020 to:
Culture, Education and Training- TRY
500- 717 Portage Ave. Winnipeg, MB R3G 0M8
Fax: (204) 774-6468
We thank all applicants for their interest in New Directions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada. We strive for a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the people we support and contributes to the diversification of ideas.
Accommodations for accessibility purposes are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit newdirections.mb.ca.