Cree name: Ta Ka Ke Pimatisichik Iskwewak “Letting in the Light for Women”
TERF is a transition and healing program for children, youth, adults and transgender individuals who have been exploited through the sex trade (prostitution).
TERF assists to stabilize living situations, promote healthy lifestyles and build confidence and self-esteem.
- Youth Program – ages 13 to 18
- Mentor Program – ages 19 and under
- Adult Program – ages 18 and up
To provide a safe, supportive, learning and healing environment for participants.
TERF uses a combination of approaches to help participants achieve their goals. Our programs are participant-directed and delivered through a holistic healing model of balancing the spiritual, mental, physical and emotional needs of the participants.
Individuals can be referred for service by a Child and Family Services agency, Probation Services, another agency or family member. Services for Professionals
- “Understanding and Working with Sexually Exploited Children and Youth” A six day course for professionals who work with or care for sexually exploited children and youth. (e.g. social workers, educators , health care providers, probation officers, police officers)
- Kapaapako Miikiwaap (Lodge Teachings) Is a culturally based curriculum that focuses on preventing the sexually exploitation of children and youth. A four-day course on how to deliver this curriculum to children and youth in your community or school is available. Services for Families TERF will provide support and resources for families/caregivers of participants in our program.
Registration for February 20-23, 2018 Training