Regional Specialized Foster Care is the component of TRAILS which encompasses the treatment foster homes and individualized placements operating in the Interlake and rural area. The program utilizes a case management format to provide treatment foster care and individualized placements for special needs children and youth.
- Assessment and individual proposals for each participant at intake
- An individualized plan for each participant
- A case manager for each participant
- Culturally sensitive services
- Live in caregivers matched with individual participant needs
- Intensive supervision of caregivers
- 24 hour emergency coverage
- Access to all New Directions programs on a priority basis
- Assisting young people to develop realistic goals and a greater sense of self direction
- Comprehensive treatment planning
- Flexibility of programming
- Accessing community resources and developing positive supports
Central to the philosophy of RSFC is the inclusive care model which recognizes that foster children need their birth families and home communities to be part of their lives. To support this model RSFC emphasizes a holistic approach underpinned by an eclectic mix of theories that include aboriginal, feminist, ecological and strength perspectives.